Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Ability to Execute


It is wonderful and a blessing, that I can still learn something new: The ability to execute tasks.
This is a rare skill, few people have it. I think this fantastic skill goes hand in hand with other abilities such as: Initiative, curiosity, courage, common sense and positive thoughts.
One of my favorite writings says,
 "For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; Wherefore I received not reward".
When I read about the ability to execute, I thought of that verse. If one receives an assignment and have the needs to obtain even the smallest detail to fulfill it, he becomes lazy, slow, unable to grow with unwillingness to concentrate on a thing  and do it.
I have worked with people, who when I have delegated something, ask me How do I do? Where do I buy it? Can you help me? I find it very tedious that they be so. I do not want to be with them anymore.
On the other hand, I love to near people who bring new ideas, and whose work is creative. They end up something, and instead to ask me "How do I do it? They say: It is done, come and monitor how I did it, what else do I do now?
Our Savior, as leader, tells us that, "It is not meet that I should command in all things," He gives us the example: He delegates but gives us no directions for
All because he wants us to develop our wisdom and ability to perform actions. He knows the "reward" we will receive if we succeed: Success, happiness, Self-sufficiency.

We must do many things of our own free will. We must be our own agents. Jesus Christ asks us what kind of people should we be? Even as I am, he answered us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment