Saturday, October 1, 2016

Verily I say unto you, even as I am

I like this question, 
"Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? ",
 and even more the answer, 
"Verily I say unto you, even as I am.” 
Who is Him? Is our Savior Jesus Christ. 
  • We can adapt it with questions as these:
  • What manner of entrepreneur ought ye to be? 
  • What manner of employee ought ye to be? 
  • What manner of professional ought ye to be?
  • What manner of boss ought ye to be? 
The answer always be the same: "Verily I say unto you, even as I Am.”, and how is Him? I could write dozen essays about that. Verily, He is a man, a leader, a boss "A+" level. He is a man of integrity, honest, merciful and chaste. He is somebody to who follow and imitate.

Never before, I had thought that there may be several levels of entrepreneurs, managers, professionals, employees. What is my level? What is my motivation each day? Why I go to my job each morning? What say my inner voice? What is my calling? When I think about these questions, my heart say as Nephi, 
"O wretched woman that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities."

Generally, being humans measure their success comparing with others. This is dangerous because as Elder Robbins says,
 "The work environment as a strategic setting to stir up all manner of sin, and Satan know it." When we not willing to reach to "A" level in their lives, they can include to our life the covetousness, jealousies, self-indulgence, living beyond one’s means, anger, contention in marriages, infidelity, greed and envy, selfishness, even theft and murder. This is not part of the Lord’s plan for His children.
Our Savior invite to be like Him, and with His wholeheartedly says us: Follow me.

What kind of things we can to make for follow our Savior?

0 comments:

Post a Comment